Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Better View


A Better View

The walls of my world are expanding fast;
The range that I rove is incredible.
My mind ventures forth through distances vast;
Capturing images indelible.
On wings of thought to the heavens I soar,
Adrift on trade winds of the universe,
And dive through blue ocean depths, to the core
Of the mysteries greater minds traverse.
Imagination transcends the grey mist,
Diffusing the warmth of my inner sky,
Allowing my earthbound soul to be kissed,
By the brilliant, golden gleam in God's eye.
My earthly spirit takes flight to renew,
Its sense of wonder...and a better view.

Mick McKellar
June 2013


When the body fails,
The spirit prevails.

As the limits of my physical world shrink, and the medicines limit the speed I can think, my imagination ventures forth in a blink, and I sketch what it sees in quixotic ink.

Mick

No comments: