Friday, April 24, 2015

Walking Backwards

Walking Backwards

I looked for some old footprints to follow;
And though I searched, there were none I could find.
I created my own, deep and hollow;
Walking backwards through the dust in my mind.
Though I could not see where I was going,
I could see all the way to where I’d been.
I pressed on in the dark, always knowing
That I could find my way back once again.
Though I mostly face forward when I walk,
So I will not blindly stumble and fall;
I step lively backwards, and I don’t balk,
Although sometimes I’ll walk into a wall.
This way, I wander beyond my confines,
Because I can’t see the big red stop signs.

Mick McKellar
April 2015


One should not be hampered by the customary, the safe, and the usual. Adventure lives beyond the stop sign.

Mick

No comments: