Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Faded Photographs

I was shorter, then...
Faded Photographs

I love that I still have a family;
And progeny who know I haven't died.
Who, though I'm older, and weirder, and...me,
Still send me printed photographs with pride.
I represent a fading, distant past;
A time they've viewed as mostly black and white,
In faded photographs with silver cast,
That cover all the surfaces in sight.
They see me with their eyes tuned to today,
A digital dilemma, out of sync.
I see them in a slow, old-fashioned way,
That lets me sort my memories and think.
The pictures I display for all to see,
Are part of my enduring legacy.

Mick McKellar
May 2015


Digital photographs are convenient, inexpensive, and immediate. Old printed photographs from before the digital revolution, some from before color photography are treasures.

Mick

No comments: