Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Child of the Earth

Child of the Earth

Lost in a misty, dark forest,
And far from the shores of the lake,
I sought a way home without rest,
Uncertain which path I should take.

Trees welcomed me to the deep glen,
Their green silence offered me peace;
But I wandered far beyond ken,
As though led forward by caprice.

Until there opened before me,
A woodland cathedral’s grand nave,
And I found myself, completely
Alone in a living enclave.

I felt all my troubles lifted,
By trees' ancient wisdom caressed;
And sensed that I had been gifted,
With the grace of nature expressed.

My careworn spirit was lifted;
My heart given global rebirth.
A soul once so greatly gifted,
Is always a child of the Earth.

Mick McKellar
December 2015


I’ve found that a simple walk in the woods can lead to revelations of wonder. Treat your Christmas tree with care and respect.

Mick

No comments: