Friday, April 01, 2016

Write of Passage

Write of Passage

A writer of songs and my soul's delight,
Seeks tunes that cannot be vocally sung;
For the notes all live in the key of light,
Too sweet to be sung by a bitter tongue.

For my shadowed path, often dark and drear,
Seldom wanders in the bright lands of light.
A voice that whispers of gathering fear,
Can be overwhelmed by the shining sight.

And thus, the most difficult task for me,
The challenge for such a bitter old voice,
Is recognizing a sweet melody,
And vocalizing the sonorous choice.

Endure my attempts, to eliminate
Long gray pages darkened by shadows rife;
While I teach my tongue to illuminate,
The passages in the book of my life.

Behind all the mountains of doom and gloom,
That shadow my words in a long twilight;
Is a land of beauty where flowers bloom,
And ballads are sung in the broad sunlight.

Mick McKellar
April 2016


Bear with me, I'm learning to write about happy stuff!

Mick

No comments: