Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Light Within

The Light Within

Oh! The milk of life tastes so very good,
I can't help worrying I must be wrong;
For I daily drink far more than I should,
And my taste buds dance to its hearty song.
When loneliness threatens this life of mine,
Companionship offers a hearty glow;
Though daylight may hide its sparkle and shine,
Its warmth reveals its most welcome outflow.
As church windows shine a comforting light,
That warms obsidian shadows outside,
And music pierces the silence of night:
Beauty to leave despair no place to hide.
So from darkness and pain I am set free,
By the light and music deep within me.

Mick McKellar
July 2016


Some people bring their own darkness with them, and if fortunate meet those who shine brightly enough to dispel the shadows.

Mick

No comments: