Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Tending My Tea Garden

Tending My Tea Garden

Soft spring rain refreshes evergreens,
That shadow cast my stream of consciousness.
I hear silence, and wonder what it means,
As southwest winds repeat their whispered guess.
I pause to ponder why the welcome charms,
Of dappled sunlight on the em'rald stream,
Should make me feel at peace, with open arms
To gather in the pieces of my dream.
A dream of wisdom and clairvoyant sight,
Of gifts along the paths I walk, to find
Such truths as help me penetrate the night,
And light my way through darkness in my mind:
To see with clarity, but not harden
The soft sunlight, in my dream tea garden.

Mick McKellar
August 2016



Like most everyone else, I am assailed constantly by media broadcasts, by questions from those selling goods and those conducting surveys to help politicians sell me yet another bill of goods. It can be difficult to chart a path through it all and my sleeping mind seems drawn to peaceful and quiet places surrounded by life. To a peaceful tea garden in my dreams...

Mick

No comments: