Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Missing Moments

Their shadows barely touch me,
As each golden day flies past.
Though I reach to slow them down,
My old hands just aren’t that fast,
And I miss them…

I treasure ev’ry second,
So I seek to slow their flight.
I try to fill each moment,
But it doesn’t work out right,
And I miss them…

     Missing moments with the people I love,
     Used to be a normal part of each day;
     Now I treasure each and every one,
     I can’t let a single one get away.

The ticking of my watch is
The constant wash of the tide,
But I can’t swim in the surf,
I’m just along for the ride,
And I’m missing…

     Missing moments with the people I love:
     I try never to let one get away,
     For I treasure each and every one,
     And each one more precious than I can say.

And I miss you…

Mick McKellar
December 2017


Today -- December 26, 2017 -- is the 2500th day since my blood and marrow stem cell transplant on February 21, 2011. It’s a milestone, and a time to reflect on how I am spending the wonderful gift of all these days.

Mick

No comments: