Monday, May 28, 2018

Welcome to Slumberland

I walk among dreamers along the rift,
Carefully sidestepping those near the brink.
Should I fall I’d set my spirit adrift,
For just long enough to panic and sink.
Most sleepers come here to ponder their fears,
Work out their problems, and probable fates.
Some smile while napping -- no agonized tears,
Others run screaming through various gates.
Many watch movies on small TV screens,
Movies that feature themselves as the star;
Yet others read their own fan magazines.
A few get lost when they wander too far.
Someday when you dream, and come here to roam,
If you see me wandering, bring me home…

Mick McKellar
May 2018


You mean you haven’t seen me in your dreams -- while I’m in my dreams? Well, after all, Slumberland is a big place…

Mick

No comments: