Saturday, August 18, 2018

Stolen World.

It's not just the darkness of the expanse,
As the nights pass swiftly on silent wings;
The stars dance, and offer a steely glance,
While the west wind whispers and hums and sings.
Rivers of velvet, deep blue and dark grey,
Soundlessly seep into shadows a'borning;
Slowly they pool in each corner and bay,
Settling down, to chill till the morning.
Gravely, a mantle of black mystery
Drapes the lugubrious landscape with care,
Drawing a mist over all I can see --
Telling my mind there is nothing there.
The magic of the mysterious night
Steals my world, as it vanishes from sight.

Mick McKellar
August 2018


Past midsummer, the days are noticeably shorter and the approach of night is quicker and more pronounced. It feels like darkness is ascendant and it is stealing my light, my world...

Mick

No comments: