Friday, September 21, 2018

Not About Me

You want to save the Earth,
With all the things you do.
You fight for all you're worth,
But nothing works for you.

No one answers your cries.
Nobody hears your pleas.
Your passion almost dies,
While you beg on your knees.
With ev'rything you do,
Why doesn't it ring true?
Because it's not about you.
It's not all about you.

I'm sure they all hate me.
They talk behind my back.
I listen carefully,
At ev'ry little crack!

No one answers my cries.
Nobody hears my pleas.
My spirit almost dies,
While crawling on my knees.
With ev'rything I see,
Why can't I be carefree?
Because it's not about me.
It's not all about me.

No one listens to you.
No one listens to me.
I can't tell what is true;
I can't trust what I see.

No one answers our cries.
Nobody hears our pleas.
The message in our eyes,
Demands swift aid for these
With ev'rything to lose.
Why are we not the news?
Because it's not about us.
It's not all about us.

Mick McKellar
September 2018


Do the words I type into social media pages change any minds? Do my opinions make any difference at all? Why do others so patently ignore me? Maybe -- it's not about me...

Mick

No comments: