Saturday, December 15, 2018

Keweenaw Carol

I sing a carol of Keweenaw,
I dance alone in my mind.
Never, not ever may I withdraw,
Silently seeing the silence I saw,
Feeling the fun that I find,
Dancing alone in my mind.

I mine a myriad of milestones,
I lay awake in the dark.
Heir to stale air filled with homophones,
There to steal steel from their two bones:
Gladness and sadness give spark,
Just to walk and to talk in the dark.

I'm a glad river of memories,
I smile to purvey pure daylight --
Sparkling and rippling through evergreen trees,
Diamond dust shining on cold winter breeze,
A dose of delight in silence so white,
An antidote to long, lonely night.

A reminder that joy is so near,
I carol that Christmas is here!

Mick McKellar
December 2018



I sing songs in my head. And the best part? In my head, I'm always on key!

Mick

No comments: