Monday, February 23, 2015

In the Moment

In the Moment

I have a mission walking out my door,
Something important, maybe overdue.
Then, I'm looking back, where I was before...
I can't remember what I had to do!
I meet a neighbor standing in the street,
Remarking that our houses look the same.
I tell my wife how great it was to meet...
I can't remember our new neighbor's name!
I drive up to our big box shopping mall,
And stand outside, just staring through their door.
My wife and kids wait with me, one and all...
I can't remember what we're shopping for!
I feel much better sharing this, it's true,
And yet, I can't remember...Who are you?

Mick McKellar
February 2015


I was going to write something poetic and profound about this poem, but I can't remember what I was going to say...

Mick

No comments: