Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Not Human, Technically

Not Human, Technically

I don’t laugh anymore, I LOL,
And I check online media, a lot.
One misunderstanding I must dispel:
That my phone is smart, because I am not.
I need sunblock due to my monitor,
And I have friends that I have never met.
I rarely touch anyone, anymore,
And thought I might get a digital pet.
I converse with friends through a camera,
And take photos with my digital phone,
I type text to chat, and etcetera;
It’s an episode of the Twilight Zone!
To gain more speed and convenience, are we
Becoming digital humanity?

Mick McKellar
February 2015


This was, of course, written in my dark little office, by the flickering light of my monitor.

Mick

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a shame family don't keep in touch by phone anymore I miss it so much. If I don't get on facebook I don't know what is going on in my kids lives. Wish we could go back to writing and telephone calls.