Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sweat Equity

Sweat Equity

Near boiling waters of hideous pain,
Across a path that carries you hither,
Where nightly deluge of sulfurous rain,
Makes your eyes burn and your limbs all wither;
Stands a wall of amorphous, living fire,
Towering upward and searing a sky
So black, when the soaring and roaring pyre,
Scalds menacing storm clouds, it makes them cry.
Wicked scabrous fumes fill the deadly air,
The rocks and the stones shriek in agony.
Though nothing alive could survive long there,
In a tiny, hot room prepared for me!
"I must be in Hell!" I screamed in my fear.
"First time in a Sauna?" Asked someone near.

Mick McKellar
July 2015


I remember my first time in a sauna. I thought my lungs were being cooked and my backside barbecued. After that, it was great,  sweaty fun.

Mick

No comments: