Wednesday, January 10, 2024

My House

My house needs an ocean of air,
Enough to float me here and there,
But my feet won’t lift off the floor;
I’m far too thick, and what is more,
I’d probably float out the door…

My house is filled with lots of dust,
And pipes are full of gunk and rust.
They leak and burp when water flows;
Not sure where all that wet stuff goes.
Why it leaves the dust, no one knows…

My house is full of broad daylight,
Till curtains make it not so bright,
But when we reach the end of day,
The curtains don’t help light to stay.
I make my own, so that’s okay.

My house is full of joy and peace,
It’s stipulated in my lease.
I love to live here, I believe
In sharing blessings I receive,
And gratitude when I must leave.

And when I must depart this place,
It’s not eviction, but with grace,
Not some disgusting gland disease.
Just let me say “I love you,” please,
And tell you where I put the keys…

Mick McKellar
January 2024

No comments: