Thursday, March 03, 2011

Autograph

I know that the majority of people on the Planet Earth say they believe in angels, yet look askance and anyone who claims to have seen one or interacted with them. TV shows and movies have searched the limits of human imagination to create an image we find pleasing and understandable. Guardian Angels are the glorious guardians that save us from falling and direct us away from dangers we cannot or will not see.

As one of those folks who has come face-to-face with the prospect of leaving Spaceship Earth the old-fashioned way, I am concerned not as much about leaving, as about leaving alone in the dark. Yet, were I to say that I saw an angel, I’m certain many would question my sanity or perhaps simply smile and say to themselves that delusions comfort old men with dangerous diseases, so let them have their dreams.


Did I see an angel peeking through our window? Maybe. Or maybe just an reminder by God that I am not alone and will not be left alone, and of course, a puzzle to keep my mind off of feeling sorry for myself.


Mick


Autograph


I think an angel outside my window,

Peeked through the glass to see I was alright.

I’m sure I caught a share of his shadow,

As his curly blond head ducked out of sight.

“Crazy,” you say, and not without reason;

For “seeing things” is considered quite strange.

If seeing angels is now in season,

Then, happy I am, and welcome the change!

Tonight I may sleep with one eye open,

So I can catch a glimpse of my new friend;

Half asleep, and the other half hopin’

With my attention a message to send:

“Just so my down-to-Earth friends do not laugh,

Could I have your angelic autograph?
"

Mick McKellar
March 2011

No comments: