Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lucky Man







Lucky Man

The last few days were a blast from the past,
Re-reading some of my old poetry.
I don't remember when I read it last,
And some of it even sounds new to me.
Deep down in the words, I read hopes and fears,
I felt once again the losses and gains.
Though hearkening back nigh a dozen years,
I felt once again the joys and the pains.
A different man was writing back then,
Unaware of the challenges to come.
Twas a joy to re-dream my dreams back when,
Our future seemed infinite and winsome.
When I looked back over that distant span,
I realized: I am a lucky man.

Mick McKellar
April 2013

I've been reviewing and archiving more than 20 years of poetry, most written in the last 12 years. I'm not yet half done, and the journey has been wonderful. What a joy to revisit the Mick that was me in 2003!

Mick

No comments: