Sunday, July 08, 2018

My World

I live in a world with different rules,
Than the laws that govern your residence.
Where even the schools are okay with fools,
If their foolishness makes some sort of sense.
You can walk on the street in your bare feet,
Because residents never will litter.
If you’re private and neat, they’ll be discreet,
And no one talks about you on Twitter.
If you want to fly, it’s okay to try,
For such failures are just part of living.
If with a cry, you launch into the sky --
You will find them all very forgiving.
None will ever care about clothes you wear,
For old fashioned is evermore in style.
If your coat is worn, or it has a tear,
Then someone will loan you theirs for a while.
Sunlight is dappled by trees ev’rywhere;
Picnics and lunches aren’t ruined by rain.
There is extra oxygen in the air.
Being rude can cause you physical pain.
All the politicians, by law, are mute,
And can only campaign on Tuesday night.
By law, all babies and seniors are cute,
All children: quiet, respectful, polite.
Bosses get bonuses when workers smile;
The rich share their bounty without a frown.
The towns folk share free dinners all the while,
At shelters where food and drink “trickle down.”
“This place is too good to be true!” You say,
“And it sounds like it’s difficult to find!”
I find it, easily, every day --
For it’s in my heart, and it’s in my mind.

Mick McKellar
July 2018


Some have told me that I must live in a dream world, another reality. I must admit, I go there from time to time to escape the reality of this one.

Mick

No comments: