Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Light of Mind, Eyes of Heart


 

 

 

 

 

Light of Mind, Eyes of Heart


My fear danced darkly through my twilight dreams,
It stood behind me and whispered white lies:
That good news is not as sweet as it seems;
That smiles of my friends are only disguise.
Though science of mind set numbers ablaze,
As light for the path that reason prescribes,
Foggy statistics created a haze,
Confounding decisions with silent vibes.
Despite emotions still raw from abuse,
The art of my heart, after brief dismay,
Though hard to control and weak from disuse,
Was still strong enough to show me the way.
The light of my mind and eyes of my heart,
Worked better together than each apart.

Mick McKellar
June 2014

Though the blinding light of science illuminates a brighter future than I thought possible, the eyes of my heart see the hand of God leading me forward on that path.

Mick

No comments: