Sunday, November 23, 2014

Merry Mind Music

Merry Mind Music

The ebb and flow of words that dance and sing,
Upon my daydream river’s closest shore,
Sparkle just when the sands of thought they bring,
Ascend to form bright crystal songs that soar.
I see and hear their meteoric rise,
The chiming of their lucent silver notes,
An orchestra of sound in midnight skies,
As prancing points of light through star-shine floats.
The wintry words of wonder sing a song,
Of glad thanksgiving and of yuletide cheer,
To make my spirit yearn to sing along,
When Christmas comes to visit ev’ry year.
The music in my mind lets me enjoy,
These bright and merry songs of Christmas joy!

Mick McKellar
November 2014


The complicated rhythms of the music in my mind,
Were captured by the early Christmas shows and ads I find.
Hijacked by the splash and flash and glitter that they’re showing;
I wrote about Christmas ‘cause outside it’s always snowing…


Mick

No comments: