Monday, June 03, 2024

I Found You In The Quiet of My Soul

I found You in the quiet of my soul.
I heard Your whisper bless the stars at night,
And though discovery was not my goal,
I found a love that makes my life so right.

I pray to You with gratitude and pleas,
Your gospel echoes deep within my heart.
Knowing your love has set my soul at ease,
And caused my fears and worries to depart.

Lord, I cannot conceive the infinite,
Nor can I understand Your mighty ways,
But Your creation is magnificent!
The glory of Your works fills all my days!

Yet, there remains the smallest gift of all,
Perhaps, most precious of His gifts for me:
To wake each day, to answer morning’s call,
And pray: “Thanks, Lord, for this sweet gift for me!”

Mick McKellar
June 2024


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kindly words!