Thursday, July 17, 2014

Light of Mind


Light of Mind


The twinkling stars are lights from long ago,
That journey far to fair caress my eye.
From fiery birth they travel to the show,
Which brings their distant fire to my night sky.
From age to age they waltz their courtly dance,
To music that the universe provides:
A song that whispers in the dark: “Bonne chance!”
A symphony that silent trust confides.
I stand before their faint and quiet gaze,
A tiny speck of life, a distant fan.
I smile to see their far-off fires blaze,
And wonder if they wonder about man.
Despite their blazing brightness, can they find
The fleeting brilliance of the light of mind?

Mick McKellar
July 2014

I love gazing at the night sky. The immense panorama gives me perspective and gives free rein to my imagination.

Mick

No comments: