Friday, August 29, 2014

Life is but a Dream

Life is but a Dream

The starlight’s glance through my window,
Caresses sleepy eyes:
Colder than winter’s whitest snow,
Fire from indigo skies.

Slowly I swim to the surface,
Float on black ocean, bright
With a brilliant, starlit purpose,
A precipice of light.

Falling, I see with keen vision,
The story I will write:
Every daily decision,
The wrong steps, and the right.

I dream that my own existence,
Is a mere reverie –
A fantasy with persistence,
And what does that make me?

I wake, now a startled screamer,
Scared I’m not as I seem.
What if I am not the dreamer,
What if I am the dream?

Mick McKellar
August 2014


"Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream…"

Is it?

Mick

No comments: