Monday, July 13, 2015

Shake the Earth

Shake the Earth

I trembled at the power of a mind,
When focused on a single complex thought;
The wonders that an intellect might find,
With little more than talents that it brought.
My early dreams are cherished memories.
I’d planned to conquer villains, one and all:
To bring all human hatred to its knees,
And watch the reign of pain and terror fall;
To hear my wisdom echo through the sky,
And help me sing the future to its birth;
To hear my music make the angels cry,
And know my written word could shake the Earth.
Last night I dreamt my thoughts were taking flight,
To fill the universe with golden light.

Mick McKellar
July 2015


So many begin with dreams of shaking the world, but wind up hanging on for dear life. In my dreams, there is no limit to what I can accomplish.

Mick


No comments: