Friday, July 24, 2015

Words for Wounds

Words for Wounds

Each day begins with promises unbound;
So many pleasant possibilities.
So many opportunities abound,
That I can scarce decide which chance to seize.
I want to help, to lift somebody’s pain;
To raise a spirit, cleanse a weeping wound,
To touch a life where unhealed scars remain,
With understanding lovingly attuned.
The stories that I write may seem inane;
Sometimes they’re harebrained, odd, or maybe true.
Yet, if a tale can help someone in pain,
I have to write -- I can but follow through.
For words may salve a wound that will not heal,
And I must tell the stories that I feel.

Mick McKellar
July 2015


Of course, I write for me. However, I share because someone, somewhere may find solace in my sometimes silly words or ridiculous rhymes.

Mick

No comments: