Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dream for All Seasons

Dream for All Seasons

I lazy lay in sunlit summer field,
Relaxed on sparkling bed of winter snow,
While camouflaged in autumn's vibrant yield,
Spring flowers made my pillow softly glow.
I reveled in the warm and peaceful light.
My spirit sang with voices in the air,
Sweet songs of soaring, of the joys of flight,
And freedom to take wing to anywhere.
I rose to stroll along a verdant stream,
Bright shining in the golden light of day,
While pondering: If I walked in a dream,
How I might find a way that I could stay.
I awoke, pillow soft beneath my head,
The morning sunlight shining on my bed.

Mick McKellar
February 2015


Ever wake up from a wondrous dream, all tucked-in and warm, and try with all your might to just get back to that dream and stay there for a bit longer?

Mick

No comments: